Stats, Level & Fighting Ability
From the encounters and experiences I've gained throughout my roughly one to two months of playing in SWTOR, I seem to have come to this understanding that one's ability to fight against any opponent largely hinges upon two critical factors, namely "Stats" and "Level". Now although you might be thinking "Well, duh? Isn't it the same like most MMOs?", I still have to explain how they work here in SWTOR.
- Strength increases your aptitude in melee combat.
- Presence increases the effectiveness of your companion.
- Aim increases your aptitude with ranged weapons.
- Cunning increases your aptitude with technological abilities.
- Endurance increases the amount of damage you can suffer before being defeated.
- Willpower increases your aptitude with Force powers.
- Expertise increases your effectiveness in PVP combat.
Since the third and final stat (that I have mentioned) will only become important when your doing PVP, it should be a no-brainer for you to have guessed that its "Expertise". But generally speaking, this "Expertise" stat increases your PVP effectiveness via enhancing stuff like your damage output, damage reduction and healing against other players (by percentages or so I heard). So in other words, it is sort of acting like a bonus and would be relatively useless if your original stats sucked.
But yet, from what I could tell, whenever I encountered a particularly hard to beat opponent in one of my quests, all I had to do was to level myself such that I was equal in level or one to two levels higher than him and then I would be able to defeat him with relative ease compared to the earlier encounter even though there were no changes in my equipment and ability setups.
|Previous: SWTOR (Part Four)||Next: SWTOR (Part Six)|